Wednesday, April 1, 2009

From the Mommy

I am alive and well! Yes after hours of labor, a late afternoon c-section, several days in the hospital, abnormal post partum swelling (seriously i looked like a marshmallow and was so big my 9 month maternity clothes didn't even fit!) and many late night feedings....i live!

Logan is now two weeks and 4 days old and doing very well! He had his two week check up and has regained his birth weight and more! (For those of you that didn't know, i started breast feeding in the hospital but my milk never came in so Logan lost over a lb while we were there...it was very sad :o( So now he is a bottle baby!) He is now 8 lbs and 5 oz and grew from 20.5 to 21.5 inches! He is so big and strong!

We are also happy to say he is a very very good baby! He rarely cries and takes very long naps! He takes his bottle like a champ and burps like a king! While he does get up for 3-4 night feedings he normally falls right back to sleep so we are very happy about that!!

My stomach is starting to feel normal again so Logan and i have been meeting up with my mom for lots of mall walking. Logan sleeps really well in the car/stroller and i'm working on losing that baby weight!

Wish us all luck!
We'll post an update again soon!

5 comments:

trish said...

what great news!! i am so happy to hear you and Logan are both doing well! keep us posted :)

Erica and Jon said...

I miss you guys already :(
I am glad to hear that everything is still going well! I can't wait to see you in July; when I know the dates of my NJ visit I will let you know.

lauren and brad said...

It was so good to hear from the mama! So happy you are settling in to the madness of mommyhood. Keep us updated, we are already in love with that little boy.

Lauren, Jamie, and Rhys said...

Dani- glad to hear all is well and getting better by the day. I totally know how you feel...it sounds like you and I had very simular births.
Don't the "baby burps" crack you up?!? I'm sometimes suprised that such a little boy can make sure a HUGE noise! Jamie thinks it's hilarious that I praise him for his burps but in a few year I'll be the first to tell him just how RUDE his burping is;) ahh well. Keep in touch! Call anytime!

Simon and Molly said...

So glad that you are settling in. Look forward to the next Logan update. He is soo cute and I am sure getting bigger everyday.